Consider this tasty, super low calorie, highly nutritious side dish to go with your next meal …
Servings: approximately 6 (depending on the size of the cauliflower)
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 50 calories
1 head of cauliflower
1 pound of baby carrots
4 or more cloves garlic – peeled and roasted
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees F. Peel garlic cloves. Spray a cookie sheet or piece of foil with cooking spray or oil. Place garlic cloves on sheet or foil. Roast until soft and edges start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While garlic is roasting, pour 2 cups of water into a medium stock pot. Bring to a boil on stove.
- While waiting for water to boil, wash cauliflower and cut into 4 sections (cut in half, then cut each half in half)
- Add cauliflower to boiling water.
- Add baby carrots to boiling water.
- Cook cauliflower and carrots until soft.
- Use slotted spoon to remove cauliflower and carrot from hot pot and place in a food processor. Pour about ½ cup of carrot/cauliflower water into food processor. Add roasted garlic to mixture. Turn on food processor and pulse mixture until blended and pureed to desired consistency. Add more of cauliflower / carrot water as desired.
- Add black pepper according to taste
- Serve hot. Enjoy!!