This baked tofu sandwich is one of our resident vegan’s favorites. Kelly loves this sandwich because it gives her all the protein she needs after an intense spin class. This meal is a great balance of whole grains, protein, and heart health fats. A perfect choice for all our vegetarians and vegans out there.
2 slices Ezekiel whole grain bread
2 slices tofu
2 slices medium tomato
- Open package of tofu. Drain water.
- Line cookie sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Slice tofu and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are brown
- Assemble sandwich by alternating bread on bottom with tofu, tomato slices and spinach
- Add side salad and lemon wedges
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and spices